[development] "Subclassing" the standard #autocomplete form widget

Yves CHEDEMOIS yched.drupal at free.fr
Thu Jan 18 21:56:43 UTC 2007

Rob Thorne a ecrit le 18/01/2007 22:41:

> I'm guessing that the CCK folks did it for the same reason I did:  it
> didn't require mucking with the JavaScript, and it does work.
>
> I was thinking there was a better way to do this, but the fact the CCK
> did the same thing I did before suggests that some hacks are just better
> than others.

As a matter of fact, I tried to come up with a better solution than the
[nid] thing (my motto was "nid should stay out of the user's eyes")
see http://drupal.org/node/62498#comment-114723 for historical records.

I even submitted a generic attempt for Core over there :
http://drupal.org/node/80565
(on double checking, it seems you commented there some time ago - or is
that another Rob ?)
This did not get much success - I'm not sure it was a good idea to begin
with, or maybe it was but I did it wrong.

So i got back to the [nid] hack. Still not really happy with it, though.

Yves