[development] Splitting hook_menu into hook_menu and hook_router

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 07:15:57 UTC 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, at 23:04, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> We discussed renaming hook_menu and hook_router was a popular
> choice but as Gerhard says "I don't like to rename funtions just
> for the sake of renaming them" so it remained hook_menu .

On a slightly related note.  Rails 1.2 was released -- one of the
changes includes a complete rewrite of their router code.  Might be
worth a closer look.

   "Action Pack has an all new implementation of Routes that’s both
faster and more secure, but it’s also a little stricter. Semicolons
and periods are separators, so a /download/:file route which used to
match /download/history.txt doesn’t work any more. Use :requirements
=> { :file => /.*/ } to match the period."

http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/2007/1/19/rails-1-2-rest-admiration-
http-lovefest-and-utf-8-celebrations

(The "formats and respond_to" feature is something I've wanted for 2
years now.  In Drupal, that is.)