[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Karthik narakasura at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:52:11 UTC 2007

> Another possible option is something that is used at my university
> for mailing list owners. Once a year I get an e-mail saying that I
> have to "renew" it (i.e. basically, acknowledge that I still exist
> and have a need for it) within some window of time or it gets disabled.

As above, there were plans to introduce a cron job into the CVS module
that "disabled" cvs accounts (and an appropriate e-mail was to be
sent) that hadn't witnessed any activity for X months. Any projects
that were associated with disabled accounts were to be deemed
abandoned. This tackles the issue more from a "target absconding
maintainers" rather than "target unmaintained projects" perspective.
This also keeps things uncomplicated and minimises drupal.org related
code in the module.

-K