[development] Referential integrity -- finally?

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Sat Jan 20 00:48:15 UTC 2007

One thing I noticed when working with Firebird is for mass imports, it is
almost always much faster to lock the DB, deactivate keys and indexes,
perform the mass operations, and reactivate all once you're over: rebuilding
the constraints once beats maintaining them on a large set of operations.

I suspect the picture could look the same with MySQL. But of course, it
would have to be benchmarked.