[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Sat Jan 20 12:12:06 UTC 2007

That comment was supposed to be a little tongue in cheek.

Yes I know some of the high profile developers have done that and I can understand why. I think it has to be combined with other factors -- no way to contact them directly + no response to open issues on the queue = a developer whose modules need to get downgraded or adopted.

However I do think there is really no reason for new developers who are not so high profile to make themselves unreachable.

Anyway, I wasn't really proposing automatic action against anyone whose contact form was disabled.

Everyone reacted to my tongue in cheek comment and no one reacted to what I thought was the important idea -- that we provide a place on the project page where you can identify the co-maintainers.

Karen