[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Sun Jan 21 07:42:38 UTC 2007

Ah, missed that.

> Yes I know some of the high profile developers have done that and I
can
> understand why. I think it has to be combined with other factors -- no
way
> to contact them directly + no response to open issues on the queue = a
> developer whose modules need to get downgraded or adopted.

Here we get into a perception thing again.... how would one define
someone's activity to downgrade them?  I myself am a burst worker.  Do
stuff, do other stuff, live life... go through issue queue in a rampage,
repeat ;)

> However I do think there is really no reason for new developers who
are
> not so high profile to make themselves unreachable.

Personal privacy?  Paranoia, anti-social :)

> Anyway, I wasn't really proposing automatic action against anyone
whose
> contact form was disabled.
>
> Everyone reacted to my tongue in cheek comment and no one reacted to
what
> I thought was the important idea -- that we provide a place on the
project
> page where you can identify the co-maintainers.
>
> Karen

Well, I can see who the other maintainers are :) and was aware of
Derek's idea's on the subject and remember Dries mock up.  I am sure
many others do as well so it's a good reminder that not everyone tracks
what was said 6 months ago vs. the decisions that were made to get the
progress on the solid foundation done so that the fancy bits could
actually have some hope of being accomplished.

I believe that Derek replied on the issues already, I am merely
commenting on the diversity of knowledge on the list.