[development] hook_menu split is inevitable

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jan 21 23:35:35 UTC 2007

Gerhard tells me that this mail is not understandable at all. How true.

I will not explain everything in it for now. Menu documentation is written for the parts that are complete but this mail talked about future, yet undocumented work.

So what I wanted to say is only this: the menu patch works well for pages now, but the navigation block will have problems in certain edge cases and you should be aware that despite I added it back, it's only a tool so that Drupal development does not come to a standstill while I work on further menu parts. Even more than usual, using it on a live site of any sort must not happen.

Also, I announced that I because I have two problems that can not be overcome via other means, hook_menu will be split into hook_menu and hook_router.

Thanks for your attention,

NK