[development] nodify.module idea: 'everything is a node'

fago nuppla at zites.net
Mon Jan 22 21:32:45 UTC 2007

> Using node-like API functions on other objects sounds like
> polymorphism to me, which is a "solved problem" so to speak.  Any Java
> or C++ programmers out there who might comment on this?  (I only know
> enough Java and C++ to be dangerous.  :-)

the proposed concepts are somehow similar, but there are differents.
E.g. hook_form_alter() allows modules to change the node forms. If two
modules are changing the form it's still working fine as long as they
change two different parts of the form.

With OO programming techniques this wouldn't be possible, as module2
would need to subtype the form of module1, which is already subtyping
the form.
So the hook system seems to a bit more powerful (at least in this case).

I like the hook system of drupal, it's easy to understand and flexible.

-fago