[development] Is DRUPAL-5 branch necessary for module?

_craig drupal-list at 2craig.com
Tue Jan 23 03:56:02 UTC 2007

Do I really need to have a separate DRUPAL-5 branch for my contributed
module? The documentation* seems to indicate I need to.  Is anything
preventing me from just tagging files under HEAD with DRUPAL-5--1-0?  Right
now and in the near future I will only be making changes for 5.x so I don't
see the need to have a separate branch.  Of course if you look at my
module**, it's too late...

Thanks!
Craig

* http://drupal.org/handbook/cvs/quickstart#branch-tag
**
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/taxonomy_breadcru
mb/taxonomy_breadcrumb.module?view=log&only_with_tag=