[development] Everything's a node != Everything's in 1 table

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:33:46 UTC 2007

I think Edgar has some novel ideas, and they provide an implementation
for my previous ideas of base objects and a cross-object database API.

Although we would need benchmarks to be sure, I suspect that for inner
joins on a reasonable number[1] of node types (which should all have
compact primary keys), it should be very fast.  This is the kind of
operation most databases are highly optimized at performing.

[1] MySQL limits the number of tables in a join to either 31 or 61,
depending on the length of a longword for the host and operating
system.  How many node types maximum would we ever have?