[development] Drag and Drop UI standards

Stefan Nagtegaal development at istyledthis.nl
Wed Jan 24 23:17:25 UTC 2007

Op 24-jan-2007, om 23:55 heeft Victor Kane het volgende geschreven:

> On 1/24/07, Stefan Nagtegaal <development at istyledthis.nl> wrote:
>
> I think - when you're going to make use of interface - you should
> make this a contrib module, or only use and port the wrapper
> functions into some separate .js file.. I do almost know for sure,
> drupal core will _never_ ship with the jQuery Interface library..
>
> Is that because it is just one solution among many, or because
> there is a better alternative in view?
To be honoust, I have no idea..

What I *do* know is that the .js files of the Interface library are
quite big. So I encourage you to build a patch for core based on the
js-functions of interface which are quite good/stable imo..

For people who would like to see some demo's of jQuery Interface
plugin in action, have a look here:
- draggables demo: http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/drag.html
- sortables demo: http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/sort.html

I must say, i love them both... :-)

I'm looking forward to test your patches and follow the work you are
going to be doing on this!
If your in need of help, let me know.. Maybe I can be of any help..

Steef