[development] E_ALL mode

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu Jan 25 16:24:38 UTC 2007

On 23-Jan-07, at 2:24 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> I just committed http://drupal.org/node/99625 -- this means that
> E_ALL mode is now enabled in Drupal HEAD.  We might want to disable
> this when we freeze Drupal 6, but for the duration of the
> development cycle it is a good idea to turn this on.  It makes for
> better code.

For those interested in fixing the glaring red errors everywhere ;)
all efforts should be condensed into two issues:

- http://drupal.org/node/103250 - E_ALL compliance during installation
- http://drupal.org/node/112715 - E_ALL compliance: Fix all remaining
notices

Should be basically self-explanatory, but anything that pops up when
you're going through the installation goes in issue #1, and
everything else goes in issue #2. Per Steven, single patches with the
same types of changes are easier to review.

The sooner these patches get reviews/attention, the sooner the
screaming red errors go away and HEAD is somewhat usable. ;)

-Angie