[development] Database schema abstraction and *reflection* (was: Referential integrity -- finally?)

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Fri Jan 26 07:39:21 UTC 2007

When doing a Firebird 1.x port of Drupal, I met a limitation of the
underlying DBMS with the node_access table, which can't be created with a
structure equivalent to the MySQL/PGSQL versions (see
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/docs/developer/database/core.jpg?view=markup
for the workaround).

Would that level of abstraction enable us to use this type of solution (an
additional table f-keyed to a base table) ? It looks like iti wouldn't be
sufficient yet.