[development] nodify.module idea: 'everything is a node'

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Sun Jan 28 06:20:25 UTC 2007

> there might be room for a light-weight container object,  that both nodes,
> comments, users and taxonomies extend from.

Our discussion has raised a lot of exciting potentials, thanks to all who
contributed. The best way to move forward, I'm suspecting, is to start with
a minimal implementation of what everyone seems to agree on: a consistent
set of common handlers for all object types (nodes, users, etc.) and a
single hook that acts on them all. From there we'll be much better
positioned to consider further, more radical steps if they're needed.

A first draft of a patch: http://drupal.org/node/113435

Please, tear it apart!