[development] All your notices belong to me

Zohar Stolar z.stolar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:49:05 UTC 2007

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2007, at 01:25, Morbus Iff wrote:
>
>>> Just telling the world so noone else wastes time trying again and
>>> again.
>>
>> Oh thank you our entirely humble hero!
>
> The currency of Open Source development is trust and respect.  Replies
> like this cost you -- even if later it turns out to be
> miscommunication.  It's not doing you any good, Morbus.

Nor does the use of inappropriate words and expressions. Sarcasm and
insult are not on the same scale.
In our (very young but rapidly growing) Israeli Drupal community
(http://drupal.org.il), I always ask the members to learn from the high
quality of discussions in D.O. forums and mailing lists, and to maintain
this quality, by being mature and respectful. This usually works, and
I'm glad we could import the discussion quality to our local site.
I'd like to see the same quality continue here.
One must remember that his/her contribution and effort are  the result
of their own free will, and that they cannot expect anything of anyone.
This, of course, goes for everybody else, who should respect the
contribution efforts of others by, at least, not being sarcastic, or
anything of the likes.

People! Life is too short to waste it on silly fights. Let's all enjoy
the creation and wonderful work which is being done here!

(Maybe we should block messages to list after midnight :-)  )