[development] taking a break

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jul 1 13:32:17 UTC 2007

> core and what patches shouldn't go into core. By design, it is
> impossible to please everyone or to be 100% fair.  I hope this

> to start building on as soon as possible.  I spent 3+ hours reviewing
> the actions module and I think the underlying design is sound; I'm

Sure it is. I have never contented the merits of the actions system, here. The perceived problem here was fairness. If you spent 3+ hours reviewing it then surely you have seen the code style errors which would have hold back any other patch. Add to that I was very tired and frustrated to see the many hours Chad and Peter poured into the relevant patches apparently go for nothing (note: not my patches) -- and that's about it.

Obviously, I will restart either late today or tomorrow, I would like to make the bugfix period as short as possible, just before the original freeze date I have started to collect some review pledges from dojo people... more on this later.

Peace,

ChX