[development] book patch impact

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Jul 1 14:16:53 UTC 2007

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>> Unfortunately this only describes why the book module patch could be
>> important, but does not help solving the UI problems Dries has with it.
>> These are explained better in the issue though.
>
> The UI can be changed past freeze. The billions of API changes can not. Please get it in today.

Well, maybe I was not clear enough. Dries has problems with the book
concept being even more reinforced on the interface. This is a result of
the overall design of the module, which shows in the database and in the
API functions, not only on the UI.

Anyway, as I said, the technical details are to be found in the issue, I
tried to underline the possible importance of the change for the Drupal
documentation as a whole, not argue about the technical details of the
issue, which should be done in the issue.

Gabor