[development] RTBC - how does it work?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Jul 2 07:57:07 UTC 2007

Actually, there was a successful effort in last year's Summer of Code to
build an automatic test suite. It was easy to use... you'd upload your
patch and the system did a clean checkout of Drupal, applied the patch
(first point of failure... patch doesn't apply), and then ran a battery
of tests (which could easily include code style). This system is still
being developed and with proper encouragement could be fleshed out and
made a part of our infrastructure. It could then automatically grab core
patches and put them through the wringer as being a pre-requisite to
RTBC even being an option.

For this type of stuff to happen, we need better support from the Drupal
Association, since that is the body that is responsible for d.o.
infrastructure.

-Robert