[development] RTBC - how does it work?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Mon Jul 2 12:30:08 UTC 2007

Robert Douglass wrote:
> Actually, there was a successful effort in last year's Summer of Code to
> build an automatic test suite. It was easy to use... you'd upload your
> patch and the system did a clean checkout of Drupal, applied the patch
> (first point of failure... patch doesn't apply), and then ran a battery
> of tests (which could easily include code style). This system is still
> being developed and with proper encouragement could be fleshed out and
> made a part of our infrastructure. It could then automatically grab core
> patches and put them through the wringer as being a pre-requisite to
> RTBC even being an option.
>
> For this type of stuff to happen, we need better support from the Drupal
> Association, since that is the body that is responsible for d.o.
> infrastructure.

the Association is a minor part of whats needed. anyway, we have a
volunteer to host the infrastructure. see http://groups.drupal.org/node/2286

we need people to work on simpletest module and simpletest tests. they
need to be upgraded now for D6, for example. please post in the unit
test group if interested - http://groups.drupal.org/unit-testing