[development] Intelligent use of time (Re: Perm for setting RTBC

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:19:53 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Augustin (Beginner) <drupal.beginner at wechange.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 01:29, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> > > 1) won't fix 2 issues for 4.6
>
> The idea was a patch represents someone's time. I try to respect everyone's
> time and not only my own. Those patches represent thousands of man-hours!!
> 46 pages' worth of developers' time:
> http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=8,13,14,15
> I cry for the dozens of developers' wasted labor, when I see this list.
> I was trying to help the community focus on small parts of it, with the dream
> that less developer-hours get wasted.

Beginner, I'm with you at 100%!!!

But by Gerhard words -- "Maybe the experience was that the patches
weren't worth the time or it was coincidence." -- seems to indicate
that it takes just a few seconds to trash some developers work.

Instead of helping new developers and give them support, so they can
me maintained and cherished... It's better to "rule them all with own
agenda".

It's sad, but I will continue to do my work of reviewing, testing and
updating *THOUSANDS* of issues, even if I know that some core
developers do not do their jobs. And if it needs to have 2 "patchers"
for each queue, let it be!

Now, it is not admissible to trash so many people that give us so many
hours of work.