[development] String freeze

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Tue Jul 3 00:32:35 UTC 2007

Greg Knaddison just asked about this in IRC, and given D6's focus as
"the i18n release," it's worth bringing this up, I think...

Last release, we had a "string freeze" once we hit RC1. This meant
that any clarifications/clean-ups/etc. to any user-facing text (help
messages, form labels, etc.) were 'frozen' and couldn't be altered
after RC1 was released, in order to give translators ample time to
translate Drupal.

a) Shall we go ahead and implement this policy again this release?
b) Is RC1 enough time? If we set it at beta-2 or something would that
allow us to include a few translations in Drupal core itself by RC1?

-Angie