[development] Drupal 6 code freeze

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 3 12:25:48 UTC 2007

Quoting John Wilkins <drupal.user at albin.net>:

>> Before we all add our names to the "that guy" list (I'll refrain
>> from adding my own name)...
>>
>> In general, what is the status of issues that were marked as RTBC
>> before the July 1st code freeze but that haven't been committed or
>> commented on by the core committers?
>

> Specifically, what is the status of 6.x feature requests marked as
> RTBC before the code freeze?
>
> http://drupal.org/project/issues/drupal?states=14&categories=feature

Should not RTBC be considered as good as committed?  All that is left
is the committing.  There are a limited set of committers and the lack
of time within that limited set should not prevent an RTBC patch prior
to code freeze to not be a part of the code base when the code is
frozen.  If we work to get RTBC then the code goes uncommitted what
good is the status?  The code is reviewed waiting on the limited set of
people with limited time to commit the code.

Earnie