[development] Intelligent use of time (Re: Perm for setting RTBC

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 3 12:36:27 UTC 2007

Quoting Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de>:

> Augustin (Beginner) schrieb:
>>
>> This actually illustrates my point.
>> Once an issue is in the RTBC queue, every other developper assumes
>> it is your
>> responsibility to deal with.
>
> Whose? Mine? I think it is everybody's responsibility to look at the
> queue, regardless of the status.

I understand your statement in regard to the fact that RTBC can be set
by anyone.  However, RTBC status gives the impression that the code has
been reviewed, tested, and is waiting on the committer to commit.  It
does not lend itself toward thinking that more review is worth while.
Perhaps a voting system for RTBC where the reviewer/tester gives a vote
and X votes moves the status to RTBC.  Once the status RTBC is given it
is ready for the next release.  If the RTBC happens prior to code
freeze then that patch should be considered as part of the upcoming
release.

Earnie