[development] RTBC - how does it work?

John Wilkins drupal.user at albin.net
Tue Jul 3 18:25:00 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Despite some frustration during the code freeze, this looks very
> much like a job well done.  Therefore, I don't think the system is
> fundamentally broken or doomed as some people try to make us
> believe.  There is room for improvement, but let's not neglect the
> fact that we did a really great job.

The people who are frustrated don't think the process is doomed; I
haven't seen anyone say or imply this. But many DO think that the
current implementation of the RTBC status is fundamentally flawed,
since it doesn't mean what it says.

I'm both happy with 6.x and frustrated with RTBC.

And I'm happy with the idea of a hard code freeze deadline. But not
happy with issues that appear to meet the deadline, but then get over-
looked, not committed and not commented on.

  - John