[development] Core feed publishing

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Jul 3 18:55:18 UTC 2007

Op dinsdag 03 juli 2007, schreef beerfan:
> Because of this supporting Atom
> or extending feed functionality with custom modules isn't as clean as
> it should be. For example, adding a name-space to a node feed requires
> replacing default feeds with custom feeds instead of simply "theming"
> the output of feeds as you would do with every other form of content
> display.

I don't think you need to put "Theming" between quotes. A feed shouls be
pushed trough the theme layer (in addition to you excellent suggestions).
IMO an RSS feed is just another way of looking at your content, so I really
see no reason why for this way of looking at content we chose to circumvent
the theme.

FYR: this is now a "proper" MVC system handles feeds:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/rss-feed-them-cake

or for the more Ruby savvy:
http://www.paulsturgess.co.uk/articles/show/13-creating-an-rss-feed-in-ruby-on-rails
(its not that obvious because the XML class is used instead of writing
plaintext XML, like the cake example does)

Both build the XML in the theme layer. Which is Good [tm].

Bèr
--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl