[development] Core feed publishing

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Jul 4 18:49:24 UTC 2007

Ken:

It would be useful if you responded to threads directly.

On 7/4/07, Ken Rickard <agentrickard at gmail.com> wrote:

There are a number of people already working in the direction you propose,
> and we'd love to have you join in.
>
> Core aggregator is totally separate from the node system, so I don't
> understand where you are coming from.

Because he was talking about publishing/syndication, not aggregation.

i.e. today we have RSS2 output hardcoded. Having a more flexible layer would
allow for different formats for syndication -- from Atom to JSON to
arbitrary XML data formats.

This is likely going to be tackled most easiest with a Drupal7 + Views +
PHP5 XML support combo.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889