[development] Temp file conflicts

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Jul 5 21:41:02 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, andrew morton <drewish at katherinehouse.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Darren Oh <darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 2007, at 5:18 PM, Boris Mann wrote:
> >
> > > Um. No. It really is temporary. The file gets removed by the
> > > operations that happen. They are temporary files.....
> >
> > Enough "Um"s! I respect your contributions to Drupal, but you seem to
> > be the only person who thinks this is an unreasonable feature.
>
> Or, rather than the only one to feel that way, Boris is just the first
> person to say so.

Didn't say unreasonable, just there are many ways around this. Have
your modules create subdirectories. Anything in a tmp folder (esp!
/tmp) is not guaranteed to stick around at all.

If you set it to be somewhere under your control (i.e. not /tmp), then
it won't get removed and you can make subfolders and all that other
good stuff.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889