[development] Temp file conflicts

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Jul 6 00:56:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 16:58 -0700, Boris Mann wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Rob Barreca <rob at electronicinsight.com> wrote:
> > Although my issue at http://drupal.org/node/157134 still stands for
> > files and tmp dirs. But you are correct, you can use
> > sites/sample1.com/tmp and I've done this before. But I just like have
> > the tmp files above the docroot maybe just for my own warm, fuzzy
> > feeling. :)
>
> You can have them above the docroot, too -- e.g.
> /notdocroot/some/site/hierarchy/site.com/tmp
>
> It's a full path, IIRC.

And if you get really paranoid you can write a cron that cleans out any
files in your temp tree... I think it looks some thing like
`find /path/to/temps --mtime=+someamountoftime {rm}` iirc, I really need
man to get it right.

You could also write a cron hook to clean out your temp dirs.. I feel
there was one proposed at one time.