[development] Blocks and Regions rethink (concept needs feedback)

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Jul 7 12:49:15 UTC 2007

Op zaterdag 07 juli 2007, schreef Sam Tresler:
> I want to start work on some features that would first create a 'blocks
> available' and a 'Regions Using Blocks' interface at the block admin
> page - In this manner you could take one block and print it in two
> separate regions.  e.g. printing a menu in the footer and the left
> sidebar, or printing "Who's online" block on the left sidebar on one
> page and the right on another.

Very usefull for core, indeed!

However, if the itch is really itchy, you might want to look at microcontent.
Microcontent is a node type that becomes a block.
I have done a lot of work on it lately that will trickle into the main trunk
soon, amongs others the ability to add a microcontent block to any amount of
regions.
It also features little 'minitabs', edit links that appear if you hover the
block. the latest version uses degrading javascript to achieve this, as
opposed to CSS that won't work in IE.
For a client I will add the ability to assign views to a microcontent in the
next week.
With microcontent you never need the /admin/build/blocks interface.
</plug>

Bèr

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl