[development] Question about Drupal performance

Tony Guntharp fusion94 at damagestudios.net
Mon Jul 9 22:26:23 UTC 2007

Not wanting to say anything bad in regards to the admin staff at your
web hosting company but I believe that they are wrong. Drupal out of
the box is going to be slow. Just as 98% of all web applications will
be until you take the time to configure them properly.

1) Turn on Drupal caching
2) Enable an Opcode Optimizer such as eAccelerator, XCache, APC
3) Enable Memcache (can be a bit tricky)
4) Tweak Apache to meet your needs.
5) Tweak MySQL to meet your needs.

Performancing of ANY web site/web application is an ongoing process
and should always be revisited to ensure that you're getting the most
out of your hardware.

-t

Tony Guntharp
Co-Founder SourceForge.net