[development] update module

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Jul 11 15:21:33 UTC 2007

Hello world,

I just reviewed the update.module once more and finally committed to
to CVS HEAD.  Kudos to dww and Earl for their hard work.  This is an
important module in terms of usability, but also for the security of
everything Drupal.  When security releases are made available, we'll
be in a much better shape.  If you were to ask me, this means that
Drupal is the first Open Source CMS that takes security to the next
level and that is not something to take lightly.

(This probably warrants a post on the drupal.org front page post but
I'll leave that up to dww and/or Earl to write -- if they want.)

Great job,