[development] drupal.org is down <eom>

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Jul 11 16:16:39 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:

> On 11 Jul 2007, at 02:04, Kieran Lal wrote:
> > Perhaps taking Johnathan up on his offer to support a mirror of
> > D.O. to test this patch would be prudent.
>
> But how would that work?  Would it just a 2 week old copy of
> drupal.org with nodes and comments closed?  That doesn't help me with
> patch reviewing.

I would assume you would want some bench marks.  I assume you would also
want to lots and lots of comments and nodes created.  If there is any test
we could do make a write happen against the slave we would want to do that.
I would assume that could be captured in MySQL logging some how.

> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/files/utils/mysql_slow_log_parser
> >
> > Any chance that could get set up to run on a cron job and output
> > somewhere regularly?
>
> Maybe these logs periodically available (in an automated way) would
> be really useful.

That's what I was hoping.  We know several of the worst queries already and
we don't have fixes, but having consistent reporting of the problem could
allow us to continue to track down more advanced solutions.

Cheers,
Kieran

--

--
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.