[development] FYI: Plesk 8.2 offers Drupal as a site application

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Fri Jul 13 11:21:49 UTC 2007

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Karthik schrieb:
>
>> Page 5 on http://www.swsoft.com/r/pdfs/Plesk/plesk82_whatsnew.pdf
>>

> Does nybody know how the internals of Plesk work? Specifically: Does it
> have a push mechanism for updates? Or is it as uch a problem as fantastico?

Plesk runs an autoinstaller program that pings back to check for updates
and notifies users with sufficient privileges upon login (namely admin).
You can upgrade directly from the web administration panel but i
normally find it best to run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
from CLI as root to monitor progress and catch errors as they happen.
This update system really only affects Plesk packages and not OS
packages. Frequent updates to the Application Library that contains the
various installable Applications are available but i elect to just
manually install them because of the lag between releases and updates of
the package. This is also only my experience installing plesk on RH/FC
systems.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org