[development] FYI: Plesk 8.2 offers Drupal as a site application

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Jul 13 16:15:16 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:

> > So, once a server is running Plesk, it controls everything from
> > Apache to MySQL to PHP. You can't modify a setting in Apache.
> > Plesk will roll it back for you in few minutes.
>
> To clarify, you can't modify a setting in the core httpd.conf of Apache,
> but you can certainly modify per vhost settings via Plesk's support for
> vhost.conf. I do it all the time.

This is from memory (last year).

We were changing the file called:

/var/www/vhosts/example.com/conf/httpd.include (not httpd.conf)

Trying to comment out safe mode and open_basedir:

I recall getting a recommendation to change vhosts.conf, but not sure
if we tried it or not.

We have since moved to a non Plesk host, and like it that way.
--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com