[development] use drupal as a backend?

Scott Trudeau strudeau at umich.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:29:00 UTC 2007

I skimmed this and it sounds entirely do-able with Drupal, but would require
some mad Drupal theming skills.  Heck, you could probably write a theme that
outputs the XML you want though that sounds like more trouble than it's
worth.  With my limited knowledge of what you're trying to do it sounds like
Drupal would be more suited to the problem than many frameworks.  The caveat
is, of course, when you demand a very specific interaction design
requirement (on the back-end as well as front-end), you're always going to
do a lot of work.  Drupal can help you do that work in a sane and organized
way.

Scott