[development] topics for this list (was: use drupal as a backend?)

Mark Hope mark at markhope.net
Tue Jul 17 20:56:47 UTC 2007

On 17 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Derek Wright wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Mark Hope wrote:
>
>> I'm not a developer - just preempting one telling you that this
>> list is for core Drupal development. :)
>
> For future reference, that isn't true.  This list is for
> development of any Drupal code, especially code being contributed
> back into the "upstream" versions of things hosted on drupal.org.
> But, discussions about contrib code are definitely welcome here.

Sorry, delete 'core' from my sentence. Thanks for the clarification -
just trying to point an obvious new user to a more appropriate list.

> However, please keep in mind the list is huge now, so people
> shouldn't use it for random development support questions -- i.e.
> check the docs and api.drupal.org before you post.  Otherwise, if
> it's about Drupal code (not just core), it belongs here.

I was offering to help out in some way, and suggesting that the
solution might be done through configuring existing modules and a bit
of theming. Something I might be able to help with.

Cheers
Mark