[development] Drupal 5 incremental release?

Caleb Gilbert caleb.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:08:57 UTC 2007

> You said the current 5.x-dev breaks with contributed
> modules. But you don't see a reason not to release it?!
>
> It's been quite common that contributed modules have required some
updating along with the Drupal core upgrades (even the incremental ones). If
there is a new policy which says that a Drupal core upgrade should never
result in any contributed modules being broken, that seems like a new
precedent. Many people will welcome the backwards compatibility, but I it
seems like a lofty goal given the many changes to the codebase and/or
database.