[development] Drupal 5 incremental release?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Mon Jul 23 09:42:59 UTC 2007

Earnie Boyd wrote:
 > For a module to break merely because of an incremental upgrade
> seems a bit over anxious to include new functionality in core.
Sometimes it's been necessary (or at least pragmatic) to change an API to
fix a bug, usually security related. That's all that's been said.

Personally I'm running 5.x-dev because of bugs in 5.1...

As for an update breaking contrib modules - isn't that why we have release
candidates? I know normally those are reserved for major releases, but in
this case might it not be wise to have a 5.2-RC ?

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>