[development] Drupal 5 incremental release?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon Jul 23 22:23:50 UTC 2007

On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Neil Drumm wrote:

> As far as I know, we don't have any precedent for doing a release
> candidate on a stable branch;

Agreed.

> this would be a new policy

True.

> and the release infrastructure might not be set up to handle it.

Not a problem at all.  The release infrastructure handles this case
all the time in contrib land (e.g. views 5.x-1.6-beta5 etc, and then
finally the views 5.x-1.6 official release).

update_status.module version 5.x-2.* (and therefore, update.module in
D6 core) even handles this case nicely, by not telling you your site
is out of date and nagging you to upgrade until the official release
comes out, though it will inform you that the "Latest release" is
whatever the most current release is (e.g. a 5.2-RC of core).

Cheers,
-Derek