[development] Taxonomy: Multiple parents?

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue Jul 24 12:35:14 UTC 2007

I've often wondered about this as well, and figured I was missing
something.

But for this use case, two separate vocabularies would capture the same
data, and it would be easier for the end user to comprehend:

Type of Fish
-shark
-salmon
-eel
-cod
-trout
-carp

Habitat
-ocean
-lakes
-rivers
-marsh
-brackish

I think this is one of those cases where we should ask a librarian --
when it comes to explaining uses for taxonomy/categorization, I have
found that librarians can explain use cases I have never imagined.

Cheers,

Bill

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

--