[development] Taxonomy: Multiple parents?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Jul 24 13:10:04 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> What I am mainly concerned about is the upgrade path if we should drop
> this special tree diagramm from Drupal's taxonomy module. How do we
> avoid to screw up the site of somebody using it?

How about a note in README.txt:

Dear Users,

We're dropping support for taxonomies with multiple parents.  It would
be impossible to guess how you want your taxonomy upgraded because
there are multiple ways to "solve" this problem.  Please read <help
text distilled from this thread> to see how to fix this scenario.

Thanks,
Drupal

--
Greg Knaddison