[development] Drupal 5 incremental release?

John Wilkins drupal.user at albin.net
Tue Jul 24 20:14:43 UTC 2007

If we release 5.2 now, we will break sites that use SSL.

In 5.x-dev, there is a bug such that there are separate session
cookies when a site is accessed via https versus http. See the 6.x
issue queue here: http://drupal.org/node/160107

I know Neil is already aware of the issue, but I thought I would
point it out to others.

NOTE: this is not a bug fix for 5.1. It is a critical bug that was
introduced after 5.1 and should be fixed before we break sites with a
premature 5.2.

But after that critical bug is patched, I'm in favor of a 5.2 release.

  - John