[development] FormAPI 3: State of the Union

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:55:35 UTC 2007

On 01 Jun 2007, at 06:18, Jeff Eaton wrote:
> The FormAPI 3 patch that landed early this month has added some
> significant capabilities to the API and smoothed out rough edges
> that have been around since Drupal 4.7. With the code freeze 4
> weeks off we have a bit more breathing space, and I wanted to give
> folks a heads up on a small handful of high-importance FAPI patches
> that are still in the queue.

Thanks for this constructive overview.  I think we should aim to
include all 3 of these patches into Drupal 6.

I'm tempted to commit all 3 of these patches later tonight.  The code
looks ready, they just could do with more testing.  If committing
these patches breaks a form or two, it should be easy to recover from
that over the weekend.  (Although, history has learned us that we
should be careful with this. ;))

The sooner we can get this in core, the sooner we can move on with
the other patches.