[development] One-to-one tables considered harmful

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Mon Jun 4 01:10:37 UTC 2007

> I think we're talking at cross purposes. :-)  I'm not saying "feh, big sites",
> or that we shouldn't consider retuning how we structure the database schema.
> I'm saying that optimizing for big, dedicated hosts at the expense of the
> $20/month hosts is a losing proposition.  It sounded like one could easily
> interpret your "screw table-level-locking setups" comment that way, which I
> believe would be a very bad way to go.

David didn't say that - *you are now saying that*. When you retort
something that wasn't actually said, you create fuzzy conversation.
David has been lucid here, lets not introduce fuzz.

Drupal is never going to run poorly for stock web hosts. Noone here
wants that, or would tolerate it. Lets not discuss that strawman.

I wasn't commenting on the specific
> changes you propose.

Please do - that would be helpful.

I have no objections to David's post. It makes sense to me. As usual, it
needs be confirmed with a patch and benchmarks.