[development] One-to-one tables considered harmful

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:56:03 UTC 2007

On 04 Jun 2007, at 11:39, Earl Miles wrote:
> In a world where some people have actually written an alternative
> comment.module because the existing comment.module isn't adequate,
> I beg, please, do not change Drupal's fundamental architecture.

Maybe at some point we can talk about this more in another thread.  I
think the proper solution is to improve the comment module in core,
not to write a replacement.  As I said, the comment functionality is
a first class citizen of core, and therefore, we're allowed to
optimize Drupal's node system to integrate closely with the comment
system.