[development] One-to-one tables considered harmful

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Jun 4 10:15:45 UTC 2007

Earl Miles wrote:
> search.module -- not sure what's up with that.

It is only a code comment... false positive in the grep.

> In a world where some people have actually written an alternative
> comment.module because the existing comment.module isn't adequate, I
> beg, please, do not change Drupal's fundamental architecture.

The node_comment module uses the node_comment_statistics table as well.
 From that point of view, it would make no difference at all whether the
column were in the node table... in fact the node_comment module would
undoubtedly benefit from moving it since we perform the same 1:1 join
and sort that David is complaining about. This isn't my full
endorsement, but just the perspective of the node_comment maintainer.

-Robert