[development] Foreign keys in Drupal 6

Barry Jaspan barry at jaspan.org
Mon Jun 4 12:51:05 UTC 2007

David Strauss <david at fourkitchens.com> writes:
> Assuming the foreign keys patch to the schema API makes it in

I created http://groups.drupal.org/node/4328 to discuss this exact
topic.  There is no patch yet.

> there are four ways we can approach foreign keys in Drupal 6.

+1 for RESTRICT.  In theory, the code is already behaving this way.
In practice, I'm sure we'll find lots of ways it is not.  We'll have
our hands full just fixing those bugs (once we also fix all the
INSERT/UPDATE bugs preventing ref integrity in the first place).

I don't think we can or should ever support CASCADE until we require
databases that support it, but that is a topic for a different day.

Barry