[development] comments as nodes

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Tue Jun 5 02:04:07 UTC 2007

> Since it came up,

It comes up all the time. The problem here are nodeapi modules that will put an ungodly burden on the site. We talk with Moshe that maybe a nodeapi registry (per type, per op) could probably solve the problem. Well, that's trivial to code, so I did it. Then I went for the nodeapi modules to implement op 'registry' and stopped dead on my tracks. Not all modules can decide simply on type that they want or want not to operate on that type. Book and path are examples -- this means that while Robert might have one particular site which is not burdened by the multitude of the nodeapi queries -- Drupal core can't rely on this.

Ideas are welcome.

NK