[development] Tips on keeping up? (Yahoo Pipes)

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Jun 5 07:46:51 UTC 2007

Well, I have done this before: http://drupal.hu/english/node/11

In practice, the problem with this approach is that you only get a few
of the latest issues (in my case commits), so you need to pipe more
pages of the drupal.org RSS output into your Yahoo Pipes (we have a
pager on RSS feed, yes :), unless you check the output too often. My
pipe does merge the first two pages of commits, as that seemed to be
enough to track translation file commits, given the speed of commits, if
we check the output quarter an hour
(http://drupal.hu/aggregator/sources/2). That still left me feel
hammering drupal.org, so I am not sure it is good advice to develop
custom pipes with this concept. It kinda works for us, until my SoC
project will allow tracking of translations natively on drupal.org ;)

Gabor