[development] menu status

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Jun 5 10:37:36 UTC 2007

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The whole of menu subsystem is supposed to be fully functional now.
>
> Known issues:
>
> * update. Please test http://drupal.org/node/147657
> * default tabs. Please help with adding comments to
> http://drupal.org/node/115847
>
> Otherwise, please file issues -- patches preferred :) -- if something is
> not working as it should.

There is a very small issue which involves help texts. The path used to
invoke the _help() hooks is:

$path = ($item['type'] == MENU_DEFAULT_LOCAL_TASK) ?
          $item['tab_parent'] :
          $item['path'];

So if we see the default local task, we get the parent tab, otherwise we
get the menu path (which is what was registered in the menu hook). So it
is not possible to have help for paths where a dynamic component is
included, you get node/%node/edit in your help hook when on a node edit
page. (Sure you can play with $_GET['q'] yourself in the hook, but it is
certainly not clean)

A small fix to use $_GET['q'] instead of $item['path'] is included in
this (otherwise unrelated) patch, where we discovered this issue:
http://drupal.org/node/141996#comment-254034

It surely can be spin off to a separate patch, if it warrants further
discussion.

Gabor